1. Who can join NIPA 2021?
The Nanyang International Piano Academy 2021 is open to all piano enthusiasts. There is no age limit to music making and sharing. For both competition entry and concert participation, there will be 2 categories:
Junior 15 years and below
Senior aged above 15 years
2. Can I participate in both Open and Junior Category?
You may select to participate in either category only.
3. Do we need to submit audition video to join NIPA 2021?
There is no audition process for this edition of NIPA 2021. Video submission from the participant will be used as a reference by the faculty to craft the learning experience so that participants receive maximum learning experience. To find out how you can best record the video, please see the guidelines here.
4. Is it compulsory to join the competition or concert?
It is an optional programme that allows participants to be showcased through specially curated NIPA platforms during NIPA 2021.
5. Where can I see the judging criteria for the competition?
The performance will be assessed on Musical Expression, Technical Control of the Instrument, Stylistic Awareness
6. Are we allowed to attend the competition as an audience?
No audience will be allowed on-site. However, the competition will be scheduled for public viewing via Facebook.
7. When will we receive login instructions for the online lessons?
When the registration is completed, you will receive an email with access instructions. Please be sure to test your system prior to the start of the lesson.
8. What do I need to prepare for the on-site lessons?
Please bring along an extra copy of the piece that you will be working on for the lecturer's reference.
9. As an Observer, do I have to pre-register for the lecture conducted by the Faculty?
You do not need to pre-register for the lecture, a link to all lectures will be sent to registered participants after the successful registration.